Stick to your New Years resolutions, learn how to bully someone in Japanese, and much more. Learn Japanese @ Japancast.net
I just came across this site via Cartoon Brew. It’s simply amazing. Take your lunch break and spend some time watching some of these – it’s a great look into the history of Japanese advertising.
From Cartoon Brew:
Here’s one for the history buffs: a link to a fascinating online archive of fifty vintage Japanese animated commercials.
This site is part of an on-line exhibition showcasing domestic life in Japan during the “Showa” period (the Hirohito era, 1926-89). Japan’s Research Institute for Digital Media and Content (DMC Institute) digitized of a large collection of TV advertisements obtained from the Momoya Co., a leading food company. The collection consists of 218 animated TV spots that date back to 1953. Of the 50 pieces posted on-line, the earliest one was produced in 1958. These provide a glimpse at a rarely discussed early phase of anime history
Top Posts & Pages
- Inventory Blowout
- Japanese HD Video Podcast 16 - Learn Japanese @ Japancast.net
- Aiko anime/manga Poser model for free!
- Hiragana / Katakana Master Plan #39
- Hiragana / Katakana Master Plan #33
- Doraemon American Cable TV debut ...
- Hiragana / Katakana Master Plan - Special Edition #2
- Subscribe to Japancast » Japancast | Japancast