Dream of creating your own anime in Japan?

Are you an animation student who’s always dreamed of working in Japan? Each year the Cultural Affairs office in Japan offers animators worldwide this chance.

The Animation Artist in Residence program is an intensive 70 day program, starting January 7th that gives you the opportunity to work directly in the Japanese animation system.

They cover your travel expenses, give you a living allowance, and a place to live.


However, there are some fairly tough requirements to apply.

You must be able to communicate in both English and Japanese.

It’s only available to students ages 20-35.

And you must have had an animation appear at an international film festival or similar event.

If this sounds like you, hit the link below and fill out your application!


A-AIR Tokyo 2015 – Application Guide
0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.