Hiragana / Katakana Master Plan #4

Today’s characters are え and エ.
え is Hiragana and エ is Katakana.

E_11.jpg

Let’s learn how to write え (2 strokes).
Please take a look at the following picture.

E_21.jpg

え has only 2 strokes – looks like it has more, doesn’t it?
Please get a piece of paper and start practicing!
Look at my writing carefully and copy it. Write it till your hand remembers how to write it.

E_31.jpg

Ok, now let’s move on to エ (3 strokes).
Please look at the picture below.

E_41.jpg

Do the same practice as you did with え.
エ looks like “sleeping letter H”, don’t you agree? (^-^)

E_51.jpg

There, you have already learned 8 characters so far. すごい!(Sugoi!)
Today you will be able to write 2 more words in Japanese.

いえ = house
うえ= above; over; on top of; up; upper part; summit; surface; far better; higher

Please practice these words along with あい when you have time.
You guys are doing a great job!

That’s it for today’s lesson. Please practice writing these 2 characters till your hand absolutely remembers them. がんばってね!(Ganbatte ne!)

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Notice: Undefined index: full in /home/164355.cloudwaysapps.com/zktfqjxqnb/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 212

Notice: Undefined index: full in /home/164355.cloudwaysapps.com/zktfqjxqnb/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 213

Notice: Undefined index: full in /home/164355.cloudwaysapps.com/zktfqjxqnb/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 214

Notice: Undefined index: full in /home/164355.cloudwaysapps.com/zktfqjxqnb/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 215

7 replies
  1. rikku411
    rikku411 says:

Konnichiwa! the master plan is really working out. I just wanted to know if you could put the pronounciation or romaji for the character, so it helps in reading. Like, う is “ooh” or like “oo” in the word “goose”. Do you understand what I’m saying? (^_^) Just a suggestion 😛

2. Ophelia
    Ophelia says:

ひとみ先生とポウルさん、

Good job on the new looks of japancast.net. あたらしばしょはかっこいいです。緑、すごいね。(The new site looks nice. Green, indeed cool.)

I have a request. My husband was in Japan in 1997 during the Cherry Blossom Festival. Unfortunately, he did not attend any festivities. I was wondering if you could talk a little about this festival in one of your future podcasts. どうもありがとございます。

3. Ophelia
    Ophelia says:

Hey, I also wanted to say it’s great, the master plan. I am not too shabby with hiragana. I actually think it is very neat and I LOVE writing (not typing) in hiragana. Katakana still confuses me sometimes and I do not like it as much. It is not as pretty as hiragana. So, I guess I really need the practice with katakana. These writing lessons are a good thing. もう一度、どうもありがと。(Once again, thanks.)

4. umi
    umi says:

Great job with the podcast, guys!

I just wanted to ask if it was possible for Hitomi to write a passage by hand in Japanese, maybe after you’ve introduced all the characters? I’m used to seeing “proper” hiragana and katakana, but I’m not used to seeing it written naturally in everyday life. I hope that made sense -_-;; Keep up the great work!

5. Hitomi
    Hitomi says:

rikku san,

Glad to hear that the plan is working for you. (^-^)
    I am sorry I forgot about the pronounciation… (-_-;)>
    I have read them in our lesson 15, so please listen and check out the pronouciation of each character.
    これからも、がんばろうね!

6. Hitomi
    Hitomi says:

Ophelia san,

あたらしいデザイン、きにいってくれてよかった♪
    (I am glad that you liked our new design!)
    みどりいろは、すき?
    (Do you like the color green?)
    わたしは、だいすき!
    (I love it!)
    リクエストをどうもありがとう。
    (Thank you for the request.)
    I am going to talk about お花見(おはなみ、ohanami) or Cherry Blossom Viewing in our next podcast.
    I am very happy to hear that you liked my Hiragana / Katakana Master Plan. (^-^)
    うれしいな!
    (I am happy!)
    これからも、いっしょにがんばろうね!
    (Let’s study hard together!)

7. Hitomi
    Hitomi says:

umi san,

Thank you for the comment and the request!
    I would love to write something by hand in Japanese after I have introduced all the characters.
    That would be a good reading practice! Great idea! ありがとう!(arigato!)

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!